Children for Change partners with over 30 nonprofits in the Bay Area to curate family-friendly volunteer opportunities year round. If our programs are provided at your child's school, you have access to our year-round programs and volunteer calendar. On average there are 15 different opportunities/month for your family to do good out in community through advocacy and volunteer opportunities like:
- Distributing food in the Canal with Multicultural Center of Marin
- Procuring and assembling shower kits for Downtown Streets Team
- Pulling invasive plants and restoring trails with Marin County Parks
- Organizing donations and distributing diapers with Postpartum Support Center
- Hosting Bingo nights with Cedars Marin
- Preparing sack meals for St. Vinnies
Click the "Volunteer" button at the top right corner of our website. If your student(s) isn't at a C4C School, attend one of our upcoming Family Orientation sessions! Reach out to email@example.com for more information!
JOIN OUR TEAM
Our team is expanding! Our Educators lead students through Children for Change curriculum on topics like Food Justice, Housing Security, Oceans and the Environment, and more. Through responsive approaches and student-led ideas, Educators engage students with their natural curiosity about ways they can make a difference in their community. In partnership with the Children for Change team, Educators create opportunities for young people to channel ideas into action. We are looking for individuals with classroom instruction experience who are passionate about young people and social justice. We're excited to grow our team!
SIGN UP FOR OUR NEWSLETTER
We promise we won’t spam you! But seriously, our monthly “Good Happenings” and “Volunteer Snapshot” newsletters are worth the read. Get in on the good. Sign up today.
SHOW YOUR SUPPORT
There are myriad ways to show your support.
SUPPORT CHILDREN FOR CHANGE’S FINANCIAL GROWTH:
- Donate an unrestricted gift in an amount that feels good to your family
- Join our Founders' Circle with a minimum donation of $1,000
- Host a Fundraising Salon and engage others in C4C (Email Our Executive Director)
- Shop on Amazon Smile and Designate “Ross Valley Children for Change” as your chosen charity
- Consider a matching gift from your workplace
CONNECT CHILDREN FOR CHANGE WITH YOUR NETWORK
- Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. Comment on our posts to help us build traction
- Help us increase our number of non-profit partners by connecting us with who you know
- Become a corporate sponsor or help find one for us through your network
- Share our story - Inspire others
“Ever since C4C began serving the homeless at our site three years ago they have provided an ongoing breath of fresh air. They have truly shown us by example how socially and culturally mature and reliable children naturally are…”
- Joy Snyder, coordinator of The Chaplaincy Dinners
We often have needs internally at Children for Change. Additionally, we hear of requests from within our partnership community. Below are current and tangible needs. We are grateful for our generous and giving Children for Change community.
URGENT NEED FOR MAKE IT HOME BAY AREA!
These items are in urgent need - can you help?
(Before donating ask yourself, would you buy this item in its current state from a thrift store? If no, please don't donate it)
Twin or Queen bedding sheets (new or lightly used)
New standard size sleeping pillows
Pots and pans (new or lightly used)
Engage your students in conversation and collect these items in your home. You can email Susie (firstname.lastname@example.org) to schedule a drop off at their San Rafael location.
DIAPERS FOR MARIN DIAPER BANK
The Postpartum Support Center hosts the monthly Marin Diaper Bank which provides children living in poverty with diapers, clothing and all the basic necessities that every child deserves. Marin Diaper Bank also provides maternity and postpartum necessities to birthing people in need. Sign up to volunteer at their monthly distribution, or donate items through their Target wish list http://www.target.com/gift-registry/gift/MarinDiaperBank
HAVE OTHER IDEAS FOR US TO ADD TO OUR LIST? EMAIL US.
"Interacting with people who are homeless and those who are housebound has sparked a curiosity within my children and desire to make change and get involved. I am grateful that my children have life changing experiences in a supportive, educational setting with Children for Change."
- Laura, teacher in a participating school and parent to two C4C leaders